Steve Tilley, Matt Bynoe and I would like to personally thank all our clients for their support and understanding during this unprecedented pandemic. Despite all our construction sites being temporarily closed and most of our staff on furlough leave, the directors and leadership team are using this time to review the business, seek new opportunities and to support our teams, in preparation to return to ‘normal operations’ in a stronger position.
Once a decision is made to safely return to work, we will be ready to do so with a positive attitude and approach to the future in order to complete our works in progress and commence new contracts.
I think we will all agree that the last few years leading up to the latter part of 2019 was a ‘steady’ period with clear cautiousness being displayed across most construction sectors. Political persuasion aside, we certainly saw an almost immediate change after the General Election with a flow of new instructions and enquiries. The timing, therefore, of the COVID-19 pandemic was very unfortunate for businesses generally, but we all need to ensure we return with the same approach and positivity we had during the start of 2020.
We have seen an increase in enquiries across most sectors – specifically in Healthcare and Education where we are keen to further expand our client base. We are well placed to progress into 2021 with an established, strong and professional team ready to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations.
Our works in progress, as well as those recently instructed, paint a positive picture for the future. The following list is an example of some of those works:
- 78-bedroom new build care home in Dartford for Bostall Group
- BMW and Mini Dealership in Hindhead for Group One
- 14 high specification flats in Chelmsford for South East Property Group
- New sports hall and teaching block for Chelmsford County High School for Girls
- 17-bedroom care home extension in Bury St. Edmunds for Healthcare Homes
- A new visitor centre in Laindon for Essex Wildlife Trust
- 11 new homes in Wix for North East Real Estate Developments
- 55-bedroom new build care home in Woodbridge for Angel Care (awaiting final contract signing)
We are currently developing our Site Operating Procedures to enable a structured return to construction sites and to ensure a minimum delay to contracts, whilst maximising the protection of health, safety and wellbeing of our workforce and management teams.
Pending a return to normal activity, the directors and leadership team are working remotely and keeping in regular contact to evaluate all developments and to be available to handle any enquiries.
Finally, we wish to again thank our clients for their continued patience and support of the necessity to temporarily cease our site-based operations. We will update you again very soon about our further developments.
We wish you all the very best and stay safe.
- 27 April 2020: COVID-19 Statement – a phased reopening of construction sites
- 30 March 2020: COVID-19 Notice – a message from MD, Phil Holding
For any enquiries, please contact us by email (or use of the web form).